Monday, December 1, 2008

Brownies anyone?

Ok, so this isn't quite a "worst" recipe, but I just had to share.

This weekend I made some brownies, yes from a box (but a REALLY GOOD box!) from Trader Joe's if anyone needs to know. Something came over me, possibly that the thought of using an entire stick of butter, AND my last stick of butter at that, was too hard to swallow. So, I replaced half the butter with coconut oil and also greased my pan with coconut oil.

YUMMY!

As one friend pointed out, they tasted almost like a Mounds or Almond Joy candy bar!

HOWEVER, for future reference, should you try this little technique, I highly recommend using less total oil than the recipe calls for because they are a bit on the greasy side.



I brought the leftover brownies to the office to share and one of our bookkeepers, who keeps a gluten free diet, directed me to this amazing brownie recipe made with -- of all things -- BLACK BEANS!! I will have to try this sometime, she says that they come out fantastic! Here is a link to the recipe: Amazing Black Bean Brownies. I am hoping our 'test kitchen' (Ahem, Karen) will try these out.



As a result of this discovery, you can now enjoy other fine recipes from 101Cookbooks.com by clicking on the link on the right of this page. In addition, Hannah will be one of our new authors for this blog.

Which, reminds me....Hey you Worst.Recipe.Ever bloggers, haven't seen any of you post recently!!!

2 comments:

karen said...

The Test Kitchen (now with Actual Ovens!) has printed the recipe. No word yet on when it will be tried, as I'll have to come up with some Agave Nectar. Seriously, folks? I have no fewer than eleven different kinds of custom sugar (outside of granulated, demerrara, and 10x) and here's a recipe with a sweetener outside of my range. Hey! Maybe this is the excuse I've been looking for to eat the rest of the molasses sugar with a spoon?

Missy said...

Agave Syrup is a big thing out here in hippie-land Santa Cruz. I can send you some if you can't find it...I am sure at Whole Foods or other such organic type store they will have it. It's good for all those people who can't have the eleven kinds of sugar sugar you have.