Monday, September 21, 2009

That's what those ramekins are for...

So, I decided to bake cookies this weekend. I am inspired to keep a full cookie jar in my home. I gather all my ingredients, all my utensils, and appliances and get to work. Now it is true that we have tons of "accessories" for cooking, hey everyone needs to make money somewhere, right?

I have measured and mixed my flour, baking soda and salt and it sits on the side while I take to the sugars and butter. I cream that like nobody's business, it looks like perfection. I add an egg, very good. Then I add the other egg, well sort of, I added the whole egg SHELL AND ALL! The egg slipped from my little palm and right into the KITCHEN AID mixer. CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH it went! Sugar, butter and crushed eggshells. Are you kidding me?

Then it occurred to me, that is why they have those little bowls. The ramekins are used for this. That is why Martha has them, Mario has them, even Lydia has them. You know when I started over I put the eggs into RAMEKINS. The second time it worked out just fine and the cookies came out AMAZING!

I know this was not the worst recipe ever but it was a HUGE blunder in the kitchen.

5 comments:

Missy said...

Oh my! I can just imagine the awful sound of the shell crunching in the mixer! I know its a pain in the butt to wash extra ramekins or little bowls, but oh so worth it! I always do like Rachel Ray and have a bowl for all the food scraps and garbage too, makes it so much easier!

karen said...

I did that once! I was out of flour and in a hurry at the time and so I proceeded forth...take it from me, your idea to start over was the better one!

Anonymous said...

I so relate to your "Worst Recipe Ever. How do these people cook? I know I can't.
I just buy cookies.
Mary

kenne said...

careful with the immersion blender and your bay leaf. just saying is all.

Karena said...

Something I might very well have done!! You learned the lesson for me!

I have a New Giveaway from the French Basketeer I think you will love!

Karena
Art by Karena